The story so far
Learn about our history, and the launch of our newest brands; Amba Hotels and every hotels.
- June 2013: Launch of parent hotel company glh Hotels
- London's largest hotel owner-operator launches itself as a parent company to Guoman and Thistle. The launch of glh Hotels signals serious intent and long term ambition to lead the transformation of the company.
- October 2013 - glh Hotels announces the launch of new 4- star hotel brand: Amba
- The launch is driven by extensive research which identifies a significant opportunity to address unmet guest needs in the four-star sector; better and more personalised service, seamless technology and authentic experiences in the best locations around the world.
- February 2014 - glh Hotels launches free one-click Wi-Fi
- glh Hotels implements fast, free unlimited BT Wi-fi after independent research found that Wi-Fi is as important to hotel guests as a good night’s sleep.
- July 2014 - glh Hotels announces every Hotels: category innovation in the 4-star sector
- every Hotels is a limited feature, four star product, targeted at the global quality-conscious business professional and the savvy city explorer. every Hotels offers a better deal for property owners whilst meeting the unmet needs of customers.
- January 2016: glh Hotels scoops Best Small Hotel Company award
- glh Hotels was heralded Best Small Hotel Company by the prestigious Business Travel Awards (BTA) 2016.
- July 2016: glh Hotels appoints CEO
- GLH Hotels Management (UK) Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of Singapore-listed investment holding company GL Limited, announces that Neil Gallagher has been appointed Chief Executive Officer of glh Hotels.
- October 2017: glh Hotels appoints Oliver Kahf as General Manager of Hard Rock Hotel London
- glh Hotels today announces the appointment of Oliver Kahf as general manager of the new Hard Rock Hotel London, as the iconic brand prepares to open its doors in the capital in early 2019.
- October 2017: glh Hotels takes the silverware at London Venue Awards
- Friday 20th October saw glh Hotels awarded for its outstanding events spaces, as Amba Hotel Charing Cross was presented with Bronze for “Best London Event Venue – Under 500 Attendees” at The London Venue Awards annual ceremony 2017.