glh Hotels, the London-based hotel group and subsidiary of Singapore listed GuocoLeisure Group, today announces Thistle Express, the next generation of hotel from Thistle.
Thistle Express is a new value hotel concept, with the first site due to open in London in 2016. The new hotel brand will offer modern design, stylish bedrooms, friendly and efficient service, as well as super-fast unlimited free Wi-Fi for everyone – all at great value.
Mike DeNoma, CEO, glh Hotels, says: “You can no longer divide the market into travellers who only stay in economy hotels, versus those who stick to four or five star luxury. Thistle Express is a brand that caters for the modern traveller. Research told us that fast, free Wi-Fi is not just a luxury for luxury hotel guests, but is an expectation for economy hotel guests too. It’s about offering guests what they want, at that moment in time, for that specific stay.”
Thistle is a top UK hotel brand, highly recognised as offering value. glh will leverage this strong brand equity in its exciting new Thistle Express proposition.
glh Hotels' determination to shake up the hotel industry has already seen it innovate in the four star sector with the limited feature every hotels brand and it is now turning its attention to the economy sector.
“Economy lodging accounts for 38% of all branded hotel rooms in the UK having added 70,000 rooms over the past 10 years. Its position will be sustained because its prime markets, domestic and foreign short-stay leisure demand, will continue to be the fastest growing sources of UK hotel demand.” according to Paul Slattery, Director of OTUS & Co a specialist hospitality finance and strategy advisors.
glh Hotels' commitment to ongoing research has driven the development of Thistle Express and over the next 12 months further insight and feedback will continue to inform the brand proposition.
- Thistle Express will challenge the economy sector by offering the fastest free Wi-Fi in the sector.
- Simple and efficient booking and a Choose Your Own Room service letting guests select their room before arriving
- Knowledgeable staff, on hand to help at all times; everything from advice on using technology in the hotel, to what’s on in the local area
- Smart, modern bedrooms and bathrooms offering high quality comfort and smart TV’s
glh Hotels has already created two new disruptive brands in the four star sector: Amba Hotel Charing Cross is now at number four on Trip Advisor (out of 1060 hotels in London), and every Hotel Piccadilly is already in the top 50 and also quickly moving up the rankings. glh Hotels will now take these expertise into the economy sector with Thistle Express.
A better deal for owners:
glh Hotels has redefined its relationship with owners in order to offer better investment efficiencies and higher yields. Key to this are:
- Flexible contracts, fair to both parties
- An efficient and technology-enabled experience delivered through the Value Centre (VC) management model
- Data driven decision making
- A proposition that is perfect for existing hotels, conversions and new builds
The first Thistle Express will open in London in 2016 and the ambition is to open a further ten hotels over the next five years.
For more information visit www.thistle.com/express