glh Hotels opens first every Hotel in London
23 February 2015
glh Hotels, the London-based hotel group and subsidiary of Singapore listed GuocoLeisure Group, today announces the opening of every Hotel Piccadilly (London), the first site for the new every Hotels brand, with three more expected to open over the next 18 months.
The every Hotels proposition, a category busting innovation in the sector, offers luxury ‘featured’ bedrooms but without meeting rooms, spas or a plethora of restaurants and bars, usually found in traditional four star hotels.
every Hotels is the result of a two year research, insight and customer feedback programme. Focusing on giving guests what they really want, and not what they never use, every Hotels aims to meet the needs of the quality conscious business professional and savvy city explorer.
Modern, well equipped bedrooms designed around guests, with a Hypnos® bed, rainfall shower, Smart TV and added touches like Nespresso® coffee machines and complimentary soft drink mini bar
- Choose Your Own Room booking service so guests can pre-select their room prior to arrival
- Online check-in and check-out putting the guest in control
- A great central London location with genuinely knowledgeable hosts trained to help guests get more from their stay
- As with all glh properties, every Hotels will offer the fastest ever, free and unlimited Wi-Fi as standard. (Currently achieving up to 882 Mbps).
Mike DeNoma, CEO, glh Hotels, says: “We believe we conduct more research than anyone our size, we do this to help us better understand the modern traveller, who has a new set of expectations. We found Wi-Fi is now considered a given, alongside water and heating and we took this seriously. Increasingly many see it as a new human right and we don't believe hotels should charge for those. I’m proud to say our free, unlimited Wi-Fi at our every Hotel Piccadilly is not only the fastest in the hotel industry, but for now faster than any public space the world over.”
Richard Sofer, CEO every Hotels, says: “What came out loud and clear was that guests wanted a great room with great tech, in a great location. What is really important to today's guests, regardless of whether they are travelling for business or pleasure - they don't want any hidden surprises, so not only is our Wi-Fi complimentary, but so are our mini-bars, nespresso machines, printing facilities and in room entertainment."”
A better deal for hotel owners
The every Hotels proposition is designed to tackle a specific need for hotel owners in the four star sector. With better investment and overhead efficiencies, the unique Value Centre (VC) management model and guest centric approach, every hotels deliver stronger yields and is ideal for existing hotel conversions and new builds.
The launch of every Hotel Piccadilly will be followed by Bloomsbury, Hyde Park and Leicester Square over the next 18 months with an ambition to add up to another 50 hotels globally by the end of the decade.
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Early internal results of Wi-Fi tests show the download speed of a 2GB HD movie is less than 5 seconds.
www.hotelwifitest.com currently shows the every Hotel Piccadilly (under the old name of Thistle Piccadilly) with a speed of 246 Mbps.
About every hotels:
every Hotels is a new, category busting hotel brand from glh, the London-based global hotel subsidiary of the Singapore-listed GuocoLeisure Group.
every Hotels focuses on giving guests what they really want, and not what they never use.
- The modern, well equipped bedrooms are designed around guests, with a Hypnos® bed, rainfall shower, Smart TV and added touches like Nespresso® coffee machines and complimentary soft drink mini bar.
- every Hotels’ hosts are genuinely knowledgeable about the local area, giving guests advice on what to do, where to go and what to see in the neighbourhood so they can get up to more.
- every Hotels puts guests in control with fast and efficient online check in and the Choose Your Own Room booking service to pre-select their room prior to arrival.
- every hotels ensures guests stay connected with smart technology, super-fast free and unlimited Wi-Fi.
- every Hotels will open three new hotels in London in the next 18 months and will add up to a further 50 globally by the end of the decade
About glh Hotels:
glh Hotels refers to GLH Hotels Management (UK) Limited, a subsidiary of GuocoLeisure Limited.
glh Hotels is the largest owner-operator hotel company in London with over 4,000 hotel rooms. In total glh Hotels has 8,279 bedrooms and 337 meeting rooms across 36 hotels in the UK.