Guests give a green light to Amba Hotels
03 September 2015
This November, just 13 months after its global launch, Amba Hotels will open Amba Hotel Marble Arch – meaning it will operate almost 1,000 bedrooms in the heart of central London.
To meet the standard of the new brand, the new Amba Hotel Marble Arch has undergone a multi-million pound refurbishment. In addition to fully refurbished bedrooms, bathrooms and public areas, every staff member has completed the Amba Hotels bespoke training programme designed to multi-skill and empower the staff at the hotel to welcome guests as if they were visitors to their own home.
All 692 bedrooms and studio apartments have been fully refurbished using customer reviews and an international research programme commissioned by Amba Hotels. This delivers a room that meets the needs of today’s always connected, digital savvy, international guests.
Amba Hotel Marble Arch has some of the largest bedrooms in the West End (average at 33sqm) and will offer super-fast, free unlimited Wifi, (ranked among the fastest in the world for a Meetings and Events hotel), an in-room tablet and Samsung® Smart TVs – all designed to help guests work efficiently and stay connected during their stay. The hotel is also confident that its complimentary in-room mini-bar, in-room Nespresso® coffee machines and ban on room-service delivery charges will eliminate surprise ‘add on’ costs for its customers.
Amba Hotels is actively seeking to open in new city centre locations and hopes to replicate the success of Amba Hotel Charing Cross which rose up the rankings on TripAdvisor, into the top five (ranked 4th) of London hotels after just six months. The brand has attributed this success to a perfect bedroom created using customer research, a radical hosting model which has empowered staff and an entrepreneurial Value Centre General Manager model which puts decision making in the hands of the team who manage the property. All of this will be replicated at the Amba Hotel Marble Arch.
Mike DeNoma, Chief Executive Officer for glh hotels said: ‘The TripAdvisor success of Amba Hotel Charing Cross demonstrates how the brand has listened to customers in order to address the needs of international guests. Amba Hotels will be operating almost 1,000 bedrooms just over one year after launching the brand. The landmark Amba Hotel Marble Arch opening demonstrates how committed we are to providing great customer experiences in city centre locations, and as the biggest owner operator of hotels in London, we understand the critical importance of helping guests stay comfortable and connected. Retaining our position as a digital innovation leader as we develop the Amba Hotel portfolio is a key promise to guests and owners alike.’
Notes to editors:
About Amba Hotels:
- Amba Hotels aims to be a global operator of contemporary 4 star hotels owned by glh, the London-based global hotel subsidiary of the Singapore-listed GuocoLeisure Group.
- The Amba Hotel Experience has been designed in response to customer feedback, delivering seamless technology and authentic experiences in a premium location:
- Amba Hotel Marble Arch will be the next to open, driving expansion into London, and followed by plans to expand into Asia, the USA and Europe in the future
- Smart TVs are installed in every room to make it easy to sync devices or stream from subscription accounts and USB sockets are provided in every room at the bedside
- Nespresso® coffee machines in every room, so guests can enjoy top quality coffee whenever they want – for free
- The latest technology, from check-in kiosks to smart in-room apps and iPads in every room that guests can use to surf the net, order room service, learn more about the hotel or simply discover more about London
- A hotel brand with unique designs, driven by the individual location of each hotel, including artwork to reflect the city’s iconic attractions
- Our people are all local experts, available to help and guide guests so they get more from their stay
- On-site business and leisure facilities that meet the needs of executives using the hotel as a personal business base or business event location, or when travelling on leisure